Zucchini Fritters with Soy Dipping SauceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Give your diet a meatless Monday spin because Zucchini Fritters are so much more than the average vegetable.
Vegetarians (among everyone else) will be extra grateful for this exciting, meat-free recipe. Zucchini Fritters with Soy Dipping Sauce are a readily-accepted take on the plain, old fritter. This crispy, sesame-studded side is absolutely dripping with salty, sweet flavor, making it clear what a little soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey can do. We’d say you’ll be craving this one all day, but it’s such a snap to whip up that you won’t need to!
Try pairing these Zucchini Fritters with a heart-healthy fish and some tender brown rice for a well-rounded flex meal—or enjoy them totally on their own because the Vegetable and two Extras are calling your name. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 fritters with 1 tablespoon of sauce)
Calories per Serving: 133
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- Zucchini Fritter
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- Soy Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini with scallions, sesame seeds, flour and egg, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Mist the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop approximately two tablespoons (or 1/6) of the mixture into the heated pan. Add two to three more fritters, four depending on the size of your pan. Gently press the fritters with a spatula to flatten.
- After the fritters are crispy and light brown, flip over to the other side (about two to three minutes per side). Continue until all of the fritter mixture is gone.
- While the fritters are cooking, whisk together soy dipping sauce and set aside.
- Serve fritters with the soy dipping sauce.
- NOTE: Leftover fritters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, wrap fritters in aluminum foil and bake in a 350 ° F oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm.