4-Ingredient Easy Air Fryer Grilled Cheese SticksRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Customer Submitted, Main Courses, Snacks
Turn ordinary string cheese into a gourmet creation! Your air fryer is back to transform your favorite meals and snacks into diet-friendly creations. With just a single cheese stick, a slice of whole grain bread, garlic powder and a little bit of cooking spray, you’ll be enjoying the delicious flavors of a classic grilled cheese sandwich. These Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sticks are sure to become a new favorite Flex snack on your weight loss menu. Even the kids will love them!
This user generated recipe was submitted by Nutrisystem member, Jennifer, through our Recipe Submission page. “These are tasty and hit the spot,” says Jennifer. She recommends dipping them in salsa for extra flavor! Jennifer loves mozzarella cheese sticks and uses this snack as her afternoon PowerFuel and SmartCarb Flex snack.
One of these 4-Ingredient Easy Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sticks contains 159 calories. You can log it into your NuMi journal as one PowerFuel and one SmartCarb. Log it in NuMi here! >
Healthy Hacks: You can make this recipe with any type of low-fat cheese stick! You can also try it with different types of bread, such as rye or sourdough. Try to find varieties with at least one gram of fiber. Serve up your Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sticks with sliced tomatoes or tomato soup.
Craving a full grilled cheese sandwich? Check out our video for making an Artisanal Grilled Cheese here! >
Have you invented your own healthy recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your tasty creations on our Recipe Submission page! Your recipe could be featured right here next to Jennifer’s idea. Click here to submit your recipe! >
Nutrisystem makes weight loss simple! We offer perfectly portioned versions of your favorite meals and snacks. Plus, we deliver them right to your home! From easy breakfasts to hearty dinners to delicious snacks in between, we’re your go-to meal delivery service. Get started with a Nutrisystem meal plan today! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 159
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick (string cheese)
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or seasoning of choice)
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Roll out the bread until it’s flat.
- Unwrap cheese stick and place it on flattened bread
- Season with garlic powder or seasoning of choice.
- Roll up the cheese stick in the bread.
- Place breaded cheese stick in air fryer and spray with a little olive oil spray to get crispy. Works without spraying as well.
- Cook at 390°F for 8-10 minutes, depending on air fryer.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.