When life gives you ripe bananas, make banana bread! Just make sure to choose a healthy recipe, like this nutritious, delicious and Nutrisystem-approved Almond Banana Bread. Featuring almonds in three different forms—almond milk, almond extract and sliced almonds— it’s the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet cravings this baking season!
Crank up the oven and fill up your home with the aroma of freshly baked banana bread! This hearty baked good would make a delicious breakfast with a glass of skim milk or cup of hot tea. We add sweetness the natural way, with ripe bananas, unsweetened apple sauce and honey. A sprinkle of sliced almonds adds a perfectly crunchy texture on top.
One serving of this Almond Banana Bread contains 216 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log your banana bread in the NuMi app! >
Get baking at home this winter with healthy recipes from The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Consider us your virtual recipe book, packed with tasty ideas for your weight loss plan. Check out some of our favorite healthy baked goods below:
- Homemade Carrot Cake >
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Bread >
- Seeded Whole Wheat Bread Dough >
- Maple Chocolate Pecan Pies >
- 3-Step Cinnamon Pecan Cookies >
- Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Biscotti >
- Healthy Apple Pie Recipe (No Added Sugar!) >
- Easy Cheddar Scones with Spinach >
- Raspberry Chickpea Blondies >
- Pumpkin Blondies >
Don’t feel like baking? Let Nutrisystem do the baking for you! Stock up on perfectly portioned desserts from our delicious menu. We even deliver them to your home! You’ll love our Carrot Cake Cupcake, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Lemon Zest Cake. Click here to explore our menu! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 216
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, honey and almond extract. Mix until just combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture . Mixed until just combined.
- Pour into a bread pan. Sprinkle a layer of sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove. Let it cool on a wire rack.