If you love chicken, you’ll love this delicious recipe that uses your NutriFlakes Cereal and a few simple ingredients to create Baked Chicken Tenders. Counting as just one PowerFuel and 1 Extra, these delicious chicken strips can be paired with brown rice for a Flex meal (get familiar with Flex Meals here), or served atop a bed of greens for a hearty salad.
Want to try this recipe but don’t want to forego a favorite Nutrisystem breakfast? Order more NutriFlakes Cereal here! >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Powerfuel and 1 Extra
- 1 container NutriFlakes Cereal
- ½ tsp. oregano, dried
- ½ tsp. basil, dried
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch strips
- ¼ cup egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine NutriFlakes Cereal, oregano, basil, garlic powder, black pepper and Parmesan cheese in food processor. Pulse until contents are mixed and it resembles bread crumbs. Dump mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Add egg whites to a separate bowl.
- Dip one chicken strip at a time into egg white and then into bran flake “breading” mixture.
- Place each coated chicken strip onto the wire rack and repeat until all chicken strips have been coated.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.