Baked Oatmeal Breakfast CookieRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Did someone say cookies? On a diet? These Baked Oatmeal Cookies are filled with all of the right ingredients to kick you day off with a sweet and nutritious treat. With bursts of flavor from an array of perfectly combined ingredients, these Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a perfectly delicious way to jumpstart your day!
Prepare your taste buds for absolute oatmeal bliss. With hints of cinnamon, honey, applesauce and vanilla extract added to your oatmeal base, your sweet tooth is certain to be thanking you. Up the nutritional value and fold in juicy, fresh raspberries for a fruity and colorful kick. Not a raspberry fan? Replace them with some fresh strawberries that are sure to be just as tasty of an addition to this sweet recipe! Add a little crunch to your Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie dough with protein-packed walnuts. Mix all ingredients together before shaping the dough into heart shaped cookies for a morning must-have that’s so tasty, you’ll feel like you’re cheating! Made with wheat flour, flax seed and rolled oats, these cookies might taste overly indulgent, but we promise: They leave all the guilt of traditional cookies behind.
After creating your cookie dough, these cookies are baked for just 12-15 minutes and ready to be enjoyed. This recipe makes 12 servings, so it’s perfect to make at the beginning of the week and enjoy for several breakfasts to come. These Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies will make your on-the-go mornings enjoyable… who doesn’t love starting their day off with a cookie?
These decadent breakfast treats are just 130 calories per serving and count as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to keep track of your daily intake with the NuMi app > and log your Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
Want another delicious Nutrisystem recipe that includes raspberries? Try this simple and sweet Raspberry Chia Jam recipe >
Calories per Serving: 130
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed with 3 Tbsp. water. Let sit until water is absorbed and it has a gel-like consistency.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together rolled oats, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Then in a large bowl, mix together honey, unsweetened applesauce, milk and vanilla. Add dry to wet ingredients, mix until just combined. Then, mix in the flax egg.
- Carefully fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet, and shape into a heart that is about 1” thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the center is set.