Roasted Balsamic Fig and Brussels SproutsRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Balsamic fig dishes have become all the rave and for good reason: They’re REALLY good! When you throw in nutrient-rich Brussels sprouts, you have yourself a sensational superfood side dish.
In this recipe, the figs and Brussels sprouts are slow roasted in olive oil, then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. It’s an easy, healthy side dish you can feel great about eating.
One serving of these Roasted Balsamic Fig and Brussels Sprouts counts as one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Like this recipe? Check out the link below to discover another delicious balsamic side dish!
Calories per Serving: 187
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 4 fresh figs, cut into 4 pieces each
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a bowl, toss brussels sprouts and olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast until brown—about 30 minutes.
- Add figs and broil on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange on plate and drizzle balsamic vinegar.