What sounds better than this at the barbecue? Chicken breast with smokey BBQ sauce combine with a flavorful, seasoned coleslaw mix in between a soft bun. This BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe is delicious and best of all, won’t wreck your diet.
Counting as two SmartCarbs, two PowerFuels, three Extras and a half Vegetable, this recipe makes a great Flex lunch for guys. Ladies can enjoy half of this sandwich, as Flex lunches for women equate to one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel.
Calories per Serving: 417
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 2 Powerfuels, ½ Vegetable, 3 Extras
- 12 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage, carrots)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- ½ cup apple, diced
- 1 tsp. stevia
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Place chicken in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cover. Allow chicken to cook until heated through (about 25-30 minutes) Shred chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together coleslaw mix, vinegar, mayonnaise, apple, stevia and pepper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine barbeque sauce and chicken. Cook until heated.
- Scoop chicken on to hamburger buns. Top with slaw mixture.