This hearty, Asian-inspired Chicken Teriyaki With Mixed Veggies recipe is made right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Say goodbye to high-calorie menu items at your favorite Asian restaurant because this classic dish is sure to curb all cravings with less calories and lots of flavor!
A homemade teriyaki sauce is the superstar of this mouthwatering dish. Made with an array of flavors, this savory sauce is created to deliciously smother your chicken and veggies for the ultimate palate-pleasing meal. The sauce is made with a few classic ingredients, including soy sauce, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger, honey molasses and corn starch (to thicken). Made on the stovetop, the sauce can be put aside as you prepare the heartiness of this dish: Chicken and veggies. Complete with sesame oil, broccoli, red pepper, snow peas, green onions, sesame seeds, brown rice and of course, chicken, this dish is sheer perfection. Simply pour the homemade sauce atop this delicious combo once cooking is complete.
Looking for a delicious dinner that you can pack up the next day for an equally delicious flex lunch? This is the perfect recipe for you! This Chicken Teriyaki makes four servings, so it’s a great meal to share with the family or bring to work for an on-the-go day at the office. Counting as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this tasty teriyaki dish clocks in at just 335 calories per serving.
While this tasty meal is full of all the right ingredients and is totally Nutrisytem-approved, you should still log it in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track. Easily log your Chicken Teriyaki With Mixed Veggies right here in NuMi >
Want to lose weight enjoying bread, pasta, pizza and even ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 335
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Veggie and 1 Extra
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced into 1” pieces
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 1/3 cups cooked brown rice, hot
- Combine soy sauce, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger, honey and molasses in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch and water until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened. Remove pot from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, red peppers and snow peas. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to brown and soften. Add 2 Tbsp. of water and cook until water has evaporated. When vegetables are crisp & tender, remove from the pan and set aside; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan. Heat remaining 2 tsp. of oil in the pan over high heat.
- Place half of the chicken in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove the first batch of chicken, set aside and repeat the process with remaining chicken.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan. Pour the sauce over the top, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat until warmed through.
- Serve over warm brown rice. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.