On Nutrisystem, you can have your cake (or pie) and eat it, too! That’s right—our meal plan allows you to enjoy your favorite foods while losing weight, and pie is no exception. Bookmark this Skinny Chocolate Cream Pie recipe for a sweet and chocolatey dessert that won’t totally derail your healthy diet.
To lighten-up a pie recipe that typically is loaded with calories and unhealthy ingredients, we’ve made a few ingredient swaps so you don’t have to feel guilty for having a slice. You’ll create the crust to this Chocolate Cream Pie by combining raw walnuts, cocoa powder and medjool dates in a food processor to create a dough-like consistency. Spread the crust into a nine-inch pie dish. Blend tofu, soy milk and cashew butter until it’s formed a smooth texture and add in melted chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Continue blending the filling ingredients until the mixture is smooth and thick. Evenly distribute the filling into the pie crust and chill in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
This delicious recipe makes 16 slices of pie, so it’s the perfect recipe to whip up for a get-together and share. This way, you can enjoy a slice of pie for dessert knowing that it’s Nutrisystem-approved and won’t wreck your weight loss goals. Each slice of pie clocks in at 228 calories and counts as two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each slice in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. NuMi makes losing weight easy by doing all the work for you! Learn all about the benefits of using our food tracker app by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
Cookies and pie and brownies, oh my! Check out a few more of our diet-friendly dessert recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 228
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 1½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cup medjool dates
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 9 ounces stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor. Process until dough-like consistency is achieved (mixture should stick together when pressed). Spread the dough into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Blend the tofu, soy milk and cashew butter until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips and add to the blender along with the cocoa powder. Continue blending until smooth (the mixture will be very thick).
- Pour pie filling into crust.
- Chill for 12-24 hours. Cut into 16 slices.