If you’re a sweets kind of person, you’re going to want to bookmark this unbelievably delicious guilt-free brownie recipe. These Skinny Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting, filled with chocolatey deliciousness and topped with a cream cheese icing, are certain to become a dessert-regular on your weekly menu.
By making a few simple ingredients swaps, these Skinny Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting are Nutrisystem-approved and delightfully delicious. Mashed sweet potato is combined with cocoa powder, baking powder, eggs, oils and Truvia sugar cane. Thoroughly mix these ingredients until a batter is formed and pour the chocolatey batter into a baking pan. To create the cheesecake topping, use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg white, vanilla extract and Truvia. Pour the icing on top of the brownie batter. Pop the iced brownies in the oven for 25 minutes and prepare yourself to bite into total chocolate bliss.
This recipe makes nine tasty brownies, and each brownie clocks in at just 112 calories. On your Nutrisystem weight loss plan, one brownie counts as one SmartCarb. Be sure to keep track of how many Skinny Brownies you eat by using our handy food track app, NuMi. Not familiar with our tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Log your Skinny Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting right here in NuMi >
Sweet potato is the star of the show for these delicious, chocolatey brownies. But since we’re all about experimenting with sneaking superfoods into our treats, we’ve also created a “blondie” recipe that uses chickpeas as a healthy base. Click here for our Raspberry Chickpeas Blondie recipe >
Satisfy your sweet cravings and “indulge” in these other diet-friendly brownie recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 9 brownies (1 brownie counts as 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 112
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia Cane Sugar Baking Blend
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. nonfat cream cheese
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package Truvia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- Combine sweet potato, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, eggs, oil and Truvia cane sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour brownie mixture into pan.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric or hand mixer and mix together the cheesecake filling.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie mixture. Run knife through both mixtures to swirl.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.