4-Step Black Bean BrowniesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Chocolate lover? This recipe has your name written all over it. With a few simple ingredients and four easy steps, you could be biting into a warm and chocolatey brownie—all while keeping on track with your Nutrisystem meal plan. Made with black beans (yes, black beans) and and cocoa powder, these Black Bean Brownies are about to curb all of your chocolate cravings in one singular brownie bite.
Vanilla extract, stevia, maple syrup and avocado round out these Black Bean Brownies, while stevia sweetened chocolate chips and festive sprinkles add a little extra to this already delicious recipe. Grab a mini muffin pan and spoon your brownie batter into 16 muffin tins. Top with the scrumptious sprinkles and pop your Black Bean Brownies in the oven to bake for a mere 15 minutes. That’s right—this recipe is so simple, you will be enjoying a little piece of chocolate heaven in only 15 minutes! And don’t worry—if you don’t plan on eating these brownies immediately after baking, you can easily store them in the fridge overnight.
Grab these bite-sized brownies on-the-go or, if you’re feeling generous, bring them into work to share with coworkers. Whatever the occasion may be, you are sure to kick your chocolate cravings the right way with this dessert. It’s simple. It’s delicious. And it’s Nutrisystem-approved.
Each serving counts as just one SmartCarb, so it fits perfectly into your Nutrisystem meal plan as a flex snack. To avoid overindulging in these sweet treats, be sure to log your Black Bean Brownies in the NuMi app right here > Learn everything you need to know about our free tracking app right here: NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Looking for another sweet treat to add to your menu? Try this simple recipe for Caramel Faux Frappuccino > or this fabulously fruity recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding >
Calories per Serving: 83
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added or low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4-8 drops of stevia
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. Valentine’s Day Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in food processor and puree until completely smooth. Transfer batter to bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. of batter into 16 muffin tins. Top with sprinkles if using.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then let cool completely before removing from pan. If they still are a bit soft, you can place them in the fridge overnight to firm up.