Do you want to be the most creative guest at your annual holiday party? We’ve got an easy (and super festive!) snack for you to bring along to your get-together that is sure to have all of your friends handing over the compliments on creativity. And let’s be honest—who doesn’t love a good compliment to up your holiday spirit? This Christmas Tree Veggie Tray is not only festive, it can be prepared in minutes—so it’s the perfect go-to when time is of essence.
Just as colorful as it is healthy, this Christmas Tree Veggie Tray uses an array of delicious veggies to create the perfectly adorned “Christmas tree”. Make a quick trip to your local grocery store to grab some cauliflower, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, hummus and pretzel sticks, and you are set to create the most festive (and easy) masterpiece to ever exist in the holiday realm of get-togethers. Heading to a party with a large guest list? Make two of these Christmas Tree Veggie Trays by doubling up the veggie measurements. As simple as spending a few minutes in the kitchen to cut your veggies and form your “tree,” this simple snack will become your go-to food contribution for every party you attend this holiday season!
One Christmas Tree Veggie Tray makes six servings and counts as one SmartCarb and one Vegetable per-serving. While this veggie creation is undoubtedly healthy and packed with nutritional value, it’s still important to remember to log it on your NuMi app to make sure you are remaining on track of your allotted counts on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Log your Christmas Tree Veggie Tray right here. >
Looking for another festive treat to add some holiday cheer to your household? Try making these sweet and simple Holiday Jell-O Cups. >
Calories per Serving: 128.5
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes
- Handful of pretzel sticks
- 1 cup hummus
- On the bottom of a tray, place cauliflower florets to resemble snow.
- Add pretzel sticks for the tree trunk.
- Create tree shape with the broccoli. Add cherry tomatoes and bell pepper slices to the tree to resemble ornaments.
- Top the tree with bell pepper slices crisscrossed to create a star.
- Serve with hummus.