Easy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin BagelsRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Main Courses, Sides, Snacks
We’ve got a recipe that you are going to want to add to your morning menu ASAP. Skip the drive-through and head to the kitchen to make these delicious and sweet Easy Whole Grain Cinnamon Raisin Bagels. With a few simple ingredient swaps, including whole wheat flour, these Cinnamon Raisin Bagels are the perfect SmartCarb option to start your day the healthy way.
You only need a few ingredients to whip up these bakery classics in the comfort of your own kitchen. You no longer have to fear the overabundance of calories and unhealthy ingredients that often accompany a delicious bagel, because this recipe is 100% Nutrisystem-approved. By mixing together baking powder, whole wheat flour, salt, cinnamon and Greek yogurt, you will create a dough for the bagels. After kneading several times, add raisins and continue this process. Divide the dough into six equal parts to create six bagels. Roll each dough ball into five-inch ropes and pinch the ends of each rope together to form a circle. Lightly glaze each bagel with the egg white and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes. It’s THAT simple!
Each bagel counts as just one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan and clocks in at just 103 calories per serving. Add a touch of cream cheese as an Extra, and enjoy these homemade Cinnamon Raising Bagels for a morning treat. Reminder: Don’t forget to log your Cinnamon Raisin Bagels AND all of your daily intake in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your food right here in NuMi >
Cinnamon lover? Try whipping up these delicious Cinnamon Streusel Muffins >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 bagel)
Calories per Serving: 103
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Add the yogurt and use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead several times, then add raisins and continue kneading until well combined. Divide into 6 equal parts.
- Roll each dough ball into a rope (about 5 inches) and pinch the ends of the rope together to make a circle.
- Brush each bagel with egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase temperature to 400°F for 2 minutes, so that the tops are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.