The list is endless—cranberry, pumpkin and even apple. Pie season is upon us, and so are the endless temptations that accompany this classic dessert. Don’t let your healthy diet restrict you from your favorite foods. Bookmark our Crustless Cranberry Pie recipe for a healthier take on a pie favorite.
If you’ve made the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle, but you’re a sucker for a sugar-filled dessert, then this recipe is the perfect alternative! Complete with an array of ingredients that pack in the flavor but cut back on the calories, this Cranberry Pie can be your go-to, diet-friendly treat. By using whole wheat flour in place of white and adding Greek yogurt for some extra protein, this pie will keep you right on track with your weight loss goals. Simply mix flour, stevia, baking blend, salt, baking powder, cranberries and sliced almonds to create a flour mixture. Add this flour mixture to a thoroughly-mixed pie filling made from applesauce, Greek yogurt, eggs and almond extract. Spread the combined mixture in a sprayed nine-inch pie pan and bake for about 35 minutes. To make this recipe even tastier, serve warm!
Bake this pie to bring into work or serve at a holiday meal. Whatever the occasion may be, this delicious dessert will be gone in seconds—it’s that good! Making ten whole slices and clocking in at 124 calories per serving, this diet-approved dessert counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
At Nutrisystem, we want to make your weight loss as easy as possible—that’s why we’ve created an easy-to-use food tracker app that will keep you on the straight and narrow when it comes to losing weight. Easily log each slice of Cranberry Pie, along with all of your daily food intake, right here in NuMi to ensure you’re staying on track. Want to learn more about the many benefits of our NuMi app? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
On Nutrisystem, you can have your pie and eat it, too! For another healthier pie recipe, check out 4-Step Skinny Chocolate Cream Pie >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Get started with a weight loss plan today!
Servings: 10 (1 slice)
Calories per Serving: 124
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup stevia baking blend (e.g Truvia Baking Blend)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, stevia baking blend, salt and baking powder. Then, add cranberries and sliced almonds and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk applesauce, Greek yogurt, eggs and almond extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.