Crepes can seem like an intimidating dish to prepare. We simplified this French classic and turned it into a healthy breakfast basic with only three ingredients.
A fancier, thinner version of the pancake, crepes can take on a wide range of flavors. They’re the perfect base for sweet or savory toppings and fillings, making them a morning time staple everyone will enjoy. By simply combining egg whites, whole wheat flour and low fat cream cheese, we created a healthy, diet-friendly version of crepes that are worthy of a fancy brunch.
Fill your crepe with a variety of PowerFuels and SmartCarbs to complete your Flex breakfast idea. If you’re not sure what constitutes a PowerFuel or SmartCarb yet, check out our Grocery Guide for a comprehensive list. Mix and match your favorite additions to create a unique meal that you love. Try out some classic sweet combinations, such as bananas and peanut butter or strawberries and cream cheese. You could also go the savory route with eggs and veggies or turkey and cheese.
One serving of these delicious crepes contains 142 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem weight loss program. Whatever you decide to add as your fillings or toppings, make sure to log your meal in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss plan!
Chocolate lover? Try out our decadent recipe for Chocolate Banana Crepes!
Calories per Serving: 142
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 ½ cups egg whites
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cream cheese, low fat
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Heat a skillet with nonstick spray over medium heat.
- Once hot, pour about ¼ cup of batter into the skillet. When the batter begins to bubble, flip it over and cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure you grease the pan between each crepe.
- Fill crepes with desired toppings and serve.