Going gluten-free doesn’t have to mean eating boring, bland food for the rest of your life. Not when you’ve got this Gluten-Free Maple Cornbread in your healthy eating repertoire!
This Gluten-Free Maple Cornbread is everything cornbread should be: Soft, slightly sweet, slightly savory, and totally satisfying. But this version, which tastes just like mom’s home cooking, is also lower in calories, fat and sugar than traditional varieties, making it a perfect choice for healthy eaters and weight watchers alike.
Featuring a few common ingredients and just three simple steps, this is a super easy recipe you can whip up on Sunday mornings and have on hand all week-long.
Plus, it’s just 98 calories per serving and counts as just one SmartCarb on Nutrisystem. Which means you can pair it with any of your favorite soup recipes for the ultimate comfort food combo without sabotaging the slim-down you’ve been working so hard to achieve.
Just don’t forget to log your Gluten-Free Maple Cornbread in your free tracking app, NuMi. With NuMi, you can log your food, water, activity and weight, so you’ll stay accountable all the way to your weight loss goal. You’ll also get access to all kinds of helpful weight loss tips and tricks, recipes, exclusive offers and so much more! Click here to read more about how NuMi can help you lose weight faster >
Looking for another delicious, gluten-free recipe? Try these tasty Gluten-Free Ginger Cookies > Trying to figure out if going gluten-free is for you? Check out the article below:
And as always, if you try this recipe for Sweet and Savory Gluten-Free Maple Cornbread, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. We’re always open to input from our favorite people… you!
Servings: Makes 10 servings
Calories per Serving: 98
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1½ cups gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing.