Looking for a sweet, diet-friendly dessert that fits perfectly into your Nutrisystem meal plan? Look no further! We’ve got a simple recipe for Lightened Up Lemon Bars that folds the flavors of zesty lemons and unsweetened applesauce into 18 tasty pastries.
This decadent dessert is created from two mouthwatering layers: A delicious, flaky crust and a gooey, lemony filling make these Lightened Up Lemon Bars the ultimate diet treat. To create the golden crust that acts as the base to these sweet squares, you simply combine light butter, unsweetened applesauce, Truvia cane sugar, whole wheat flour and lemon zest. For the lemon filling, mix eggs, light butter, Truvia cane sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch to create a thick filling that perfectly embodies a sweet and tart combination of flavors.
Whip up these Lemon Bars for a lightened up dessert that can be enjoyed on-the-go, at a family barbecue or even on your couch after a long day. Whatever the occasion may be, this zesty snack is sure to be a summer go-to. One batch of these Lightened Up Lemon Bars makes 18 squares—so they’re perfect to pack up to bring to a warm weather get-together!
One square is a mere 94 calories, which makes these Lemon Bars the ultimate diet win. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, one square counts as three Extras. In order to make the most out of your weight loss plan, you should consistently keep track of your daily intake. To easily keep track of your food each day, be sure to download our easy-to-use food tracker app, NuMi. You can log your Lemon Bars (and all of your daily intake!) right here in the NuMi app >
We’ve got plenty of fruity desserts you can enjoy in the warm weather. Check out this Skinny Peach Cobbler >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 18 squares
Calories per Serving: 94.8
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 4 Tbsp. light butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup Truvia Cane Sugar Baking Blend
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. light butter
- ¾ cup Truvia Cane Sugar Baking Blend
- ½ cup lemon juice (4 lemons)
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized, combine crust ingredients.
- Pour into baking dish and press down to form a base. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add eggs, Truvia, lemon juice and lemon zest. Adjust heat to low. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add corn starch.
- Once base is done baking, remove from oven and add filling. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.