Pizza is the ultimate comfort food, but ordering a pie from your favorite pizza shop can often derail your healthy lifestyle—all thanks to an overabundance of unhealthy (and often unnecessary) ingredients. So, to ensure you can still enjoy your all-time favorite foods all while losing weight, we’ve whipped up an Eggplant Margherita Pizza recipe that’s just as delicious as your takeout favorite.If your pizza craving is calling, whip up this Eggplant Margherita Pizza in minutes for a quick and satisfying meal. Made with eggplant at its base, this recipe packs in the flavor, cheese and deliciousness. To make this Margherita Pizza, simply cut an eggplant into eight pizza rounds. After sprinkling with salt and letting each piece dry, evenly arrange the pizza rounds on a baking sheet and generously sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake the rounds for about 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip. Top each round with tomato sauce, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese. Return the Margherita Pizza rounds to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
While the recipe yields two servings (each serving is four pizzas!), you can easily increase the ingredients to whip up for the whole family or even to bring along to a get-together. This delicious recipe is certain to be a fan favorite. Clocking in at just 120 calories per serving, this Eggplant Margherita Pizza counts as one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem meal plan. And be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app! Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so get logging! Log each serving of Margherita Pizza right here in NuMi >
No time to cook? Nutrisystem has plenty of ready-to-go pizzas you can stock up on for those on-the-go nights:
- Italian Sausage and Turkey Pepperoni Pizza >
- Chicken and Bacon Ranch Pizza >
- Thick Crust Pizza >
- Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 2 (4 eggplant pizzas = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 120
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Handful of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, a sprinkle of fresh basil and end with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.