Easy Eggplant BruschettaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Bruschetta is a delicious addition to any meal, filled with fresh veggies and seasoned to Italian perfection, this filling appetizer is an easy and tasty way to get in your veggie servings. Our Eggplant Bruschetta recipe can be whipped together in three simple steps and enjoyed completely guilt-free.
Garlicky goodness and and a hearty eggplant base—this bruschetta will become your go-to appetizer recipe. Juicy Roma tomatoes are diced and combined with chickpeas, feta cheese, garlic, basil leaves and olive oil. While letting this combination sit for about an hour to maximize the flavors, place eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, baking for 10 minutes. Top each eggplant slice with the bruschetta topping and enjoy!
This recipe yields four servings, so simply double or triple the ingredients if you’re heading to a get-together! It’s a perfect finger food that packs in equal parts flavor and nutrition. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra. Be sure to log this Eggplant Bruschetta, along with all your daily food intake, in the NuMi app. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? It makes losing weight easy by doing all of the work for you. To read all about the many benefits of using NuMi, check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
Looking for a few more perfect recipe picks for your next party? We’ve got you covered with plenty of diet-friendly favorites. Check out a list of our top picks below:
- Fall Bruschetta >
- Air Fryer Chili Potato Skins >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Crispy Ranch Zucchini Chips >
- Simple Stuffed Mushrooms >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 128
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup fat free feta cheese crumbles
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½ inch slices
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, chickpeas, feta cheese, garlic, basil leaves, olive oil and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 to 60 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place eggplant slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minuets. Flip slices and bake for 10 more minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Top each eggplant slice with bruschetta mixture and serve.