This Fall Bruschetta recipe is the perfect seasonal snack or meal (with some added veggies!) Full of flavor, healthy ingredients and healthily filling, Fall Bruschetta can be whipped up in a pinch and enjoyed guilt-free. Add this diet-friendly Bruschetta to you Flex menu to enjoy the seasonal flavors of fall the healthy way.
To create this seasonal snack, saute onions with balsamic vinegar and honey. Once onions have caramelized, toss butternut squash and Brussels sprouts with olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle the vegetables with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Evenly spread the seasoned veggies on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until tender (Pro tip: toss the veggies about ten minutes in!). While veggies are cooking, combine ricotta and spoon about one teaspoon on each slice of toasted bread. Mix together sauteed onions, roasted veggies and golden raisins. Top each slice of bread with with this flavor-filled mixture and enjoy!
“Indulge” in two Fall Bruschettas for just 173 calories. Counting as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this mouthwatering snack is a must-try. Log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals! Research has shown that consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase your weight loss results—so make sure you’re using our app! Learn more about the many benefits of using NuMi by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
We have plenty of other healthier fall recipes for you to try! Check out a few of our favorites:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 173
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- ½ medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed (~1/2” cubes)
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, quartered
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 12 slices whole grain fresh bread, ½ inch thick, toasted
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions, balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl toss together 1 teaspoon olive oil, butternut squash and Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix vegetables to evenly distribute spices.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Squash and sprouts should be tender but not mushy.
- Combine ricotta cheese with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread ~1 teaspoon ricotta cheese on each toasted baguette slice.
- In a bowl mix together onions, vegetables and golden raisins. Top each baguette slice with vegetable mixture.