Simple Stuffed MushroomsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Sides
If you’re an appetizer lover like we are, then you’re going to want to bookmark this recipe. Simple, cheesy and delicious—this Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is everything you could hope for while maintaining a healthy diet. The best part about this easy-to-make recipe? You probably have all the ingredients laying around in your kitchen!
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and prepare yourself to create a restaurant-style cuisine that packs in the flavor without packing in the unnecessary calories. In a large skillet, saute mushroom stems with onion and garlic. Add in kale once the mushrooms are tender and continue stirring until the kale is wilted. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the kale mixture to the ricotta cheese and begin evenly filling mushrooms. Top each filled mushroom with a drizzle of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
You’re certain to be the hit of any party if you bring these delicious Stuffed Mushrooms along. This recipe make a whopping 12 mushrooms, and three mushrooms count as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Heading to a larger party? Double the recipe for extra servings!
While this delicious recipe is diet-approved, it’s important to remember to log this, along with all your daily intake, in the NuMi App to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
For even more appetizer inspiration, check out a few of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (3 mushrooms=1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 103
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 12 large baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce
- ¼ cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes until tender. Add kale and continue cooking until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix cooled kale mixture into the ricotta cheese. Evenly fill mushrooms with kale mixture. Top each filled mushroom with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place mushrooms on large baking sheet. Evenly top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly.