We love quesadillas as much as the next person. But between the globs of oil, the piles of cheese and the not-so-trim-toppings, this is one delicious dish that can wreak total havoc on your weight loss goals.
But the good news is, by making some simple tweaks to the classic recipe—like using fat-free cheese and using a veggie-centric filling, and being mindful of portion size, you can still enjoy this flavorful favorite.
It’s a perfect Flex meal. Just add a salad and voilà: Delicious dinner is served!
Calories per Serving: 307
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- 4 oz. cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced red bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced white onions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray then bring to medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions to pan and cook until tender. Remove then set aside.
- Arrange one tortilla in the pan and spread ingredients on top. Leave room around edge to account for spreading.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Cook for a few minutes until bottom browns. Flip with a large spatula and remove when cheese has fully melted.
- Let cool then use a pizza cutter to cut in half.
- Top each half with two tablespoons of salsa and one tablespoon of fat-free sour cream.