Apps anyone? This delicious Chili Potato Skins recipe is made in an air fryer to make a diet-friendly and delicious appetizer for your next get-together. Complete with your favorite chili on top, this app is a game-day win. You’re certain to be the star of the game (and party) with these Air Fryer Chili Potato Skins, so make sure to make enough because they’re bound to be a crowd favorite!
These delicious Chili Potato Skins are super simple to make! Preheat your oven and pierce a russet potato several times with a fork. Place the potato(es) on the oven rack and bake for about 50 minutes or until the potato is tender. Once the potato cools, slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Place the potato halves in the air fryer and spray with nonstick spray to ensure your potato skins don’t stick! Cook the skins for five minutes, fill each half with your favorite chili, and cook for another five minutes. Top the Chili Potato Skins with cheddar cheese and cook for a remaining two to three minutes. Remove the skins from the air fryer, top with a dollop of sour cream, and prepare your taste buds for this cheesy, chili-filled flavor.
At just 151 calories per serving, these Air Fryer Potato Skins are Nutrisystem-approved. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each potato skin counts as one-half-a PowerFuel, one-half-a SmartCarb and two Extras. Along with all your daily food intake, be sure to log each potato skin in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your meal plan and hitting your weight loss goals. Not familiar with our awesome food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Looking for a few more diet-friendly apps to add to your party menu? Check out our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 2 (1 potato skin)
Calories per Serving: 151
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/2 SmartCarb, 1/2 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 small russet potato
- Nonstick spray
- ½ cup of your favorite chili
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, low fat
- 1 Tbsp. reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pierce potato several times with a fork or knife. Place potato on oven rack and bake until knife easily pierces the potato, about 50 minutes.
- Let potato cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F.
- Slice potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out flesh, leaving about ¼ inch intact.
- Place in air fryer, spray potato with nonstick spray and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fill each skin evenly with chili. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top each skin with sour cream.