Air fryers are all the craze, and these Southwestern Egg Rolls top the list of delicious air fryer recipes. Made with protein-packed chicken, spicy chili powder and a an array of veggies, these Air Fryer Egg Rolls will leave you feeling satisfied with every. single. bite.
To create the filling for these Air Fryer Egg Rolls, saute bell pepper, onions and tomatoes on the stove. Once cooked through, add in chicken, cheese, avocado and chili powder. Stir this mixture thoroughly. Next, the fun part begins! Place two spoonfuls of chicken filling on each egg rolls wrapper and carefully tuck the corners over the filling, closing each egg roll. Place the egg rolls in the air fryer and cook for eight minutes on each side. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily pop these in the oven to cook, broiling for a few minutes at the end to make them crispier!
The best part about this delicious and diet-approved recipe? SIX full Air Fryer Egg Rolls clock in at just 165 calories, one PowerFuel and two Extras. While these Southwestern Egg Rolls are Nutrisystem-approved, it’s important to log these, along with all of your daily intake, in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
We’ve got plenty of air fryer recipes that will fill your fried-food craving without totally derailing your healthy diet. Check out a few of our favorites below:
- Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks >
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries >
- Air Fryer Vegetable Tots >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 165
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz. shredded chicken
- 1 cup light Mexican cheese
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 degrees F. Spray air fryer pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a pan to medium-high. Add in red onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add in bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add in chicken, cheese, avocado and chili powder. Stir to incorporate.
- To roll the egg rolls, place about 2 Tbsp. of chicken filling 1/3rd from one corner. Fold the corner closest to the filling and tuck it over the filling. Fold both side corners toward the center and roll the rest of the egg roll. Seal with water.
- Place egg rolls in air fryer pan. Spray egg rolls with nonstick spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes, flip egg rolls and then cook for another 8 minutes.