If you’re a fan of fine dining, you’re going to want to try this Pomegranate Lentil Caviar recipe. With this tasty snack or meal, you can enjoy the finer things of life without breaking the bank or ruining your healthy lifestyle. Okay, you’ve caught us—it’s not actually caviar! But mixing in lentils with all these flavorful toppings will almost make you think it is.
At first glance, this recipe may seem like it contains a lot of ingredients, but once you take a closer look you’ll quickly realize that you probably have a lot (if not all) of these ingredients currently sitting in your kitchen. Speaking of ingredients, we love that this recipe contains all things pomegranate. Not only will pomegranate provide you with the sweet kick that your taste buds desire, it also contains so many health benefits. Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber—and most of that fiber content is found in the seeds! Pomegranates are also low in calories, which is probably why each serving of this Pomegranate Lentil Caviar clocks in at a mere 189 calories. Counting as just one PowerFuel and one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan, you can rest easy knowing that this recipe will keep you right on track with your weight loss goals.
And to make sure you don’t indulge in one too many servings of this easy-to-make recipe, simply log each serving in the NuMi App. NuMi makes achieving your weight loss goals easy by doing all of the work for you. Click here to log the Pomegranate Lentil Caviar recipe in the NuMi App >
We know we talked a lot about pomegranates, but let’s not forget about lentils, too. Lentils may be tiny, but they pack in tons of nutrition. Intrigued? Check out this delicious recipe that uses this superfood as the star of the recipe:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more
Calories per Serving: 189
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb
- 2 cups cooked lentils (black or green)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses or honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- Whole wheat pita bread or mixed greens, for serving (optional)
- Add lentils, pomegranate seeds, red onion, parsley and sunflower seeds to a medium bowl. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, pomegranate juice, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and zest, coriander and cumin. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over lentil mixture, mix well and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese prior to serving. Enjoy plain, with sliced whole wheat pita bread or over mixed greens as a salad.