Nothing says fall like warm and flavorful pumpkin soup. Full of rich pumpkin flavor, this pumpkin soup recipe packs in over 12 grams of protein with powerful quinoa and black beans. It also features a smooth creamy texture that will warm your heart.
In addition to the nutrition-packed quinoa and black beans, this soup has a kick of seasonings like garlic, onion, chili powder and cayenne pepper that will ignite the senses once a warm spoonful touches your taste buds. Oh and not to mention, it’s all topped with shredded cheese.
Add in to the mix the nutrition benefits of the pumpkin itself and you have yourself one tasty and healthy fall soup. Click on the link below to read all about why the nutrients in pumpkins make it a superfood and discover four reasons why you should be eating more.
This is a great flex lunch for ladies and flex snack for guys, as it counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel on your NuMi App log.
Like this recipe? Click on the link below to discover a simple, delicious pumpkin soup recipe that is sure to become a seasonal staple in your home. It is easy to make and free of Extras, so you can enjoy it guilt-free anytime you’re craving a delicious, warm bowl this season.
Servings: 6 (1 cup each)
Calories per Serving: 203
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup black beans, low sodium
- 5 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 cup kale
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese, low fat
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic.
- Add pumpkin, carrots and spices and cook for a few minutes.
- Add broth and quinoa. Bring to boil.
- Add beans and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with ¼ cup shredded cheese.