Sweet & Salty Quinoa Granola BarsRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Quinoa is a protein-packed superfood and, when you combine it with honey and roasted salted peanuts, you get this powerhouse Sweet & Salty Quinoa Granola Bar recipe! For guys, this protein bar makes for a great snack. For ladies, it’s also a great lunch option! Just pair it with a big green salad and you’re good to go!
Confidently log a serving as one SmartCarb and one Powerfuel on your NuMi app.
Calories per Serving: 192.2
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse it under cold water for several minutes. Make sure to thoroughly drain.
- Heat a large sauté pan on the stove top over medium-low heat. Add the quinoa to the pan and spread it out evenly using a spatula. Heat the quinoa for several minutes, stirring frequently, until the water has evaporated, then add in the quinoa flakes. Continue cooking until the quinoa and quinoa flakes are lightly browned.
- In a microwave safe bowl, slowly heat the honey and peanut butter. Stir in 15-second increments until fully incorporated.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with wax paper. Using your hands or the back of a wooden spoon, spread the mixture into the dish and press firmly to flatten.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Lift the wax paper from the pan and cut into 10 bars. Wrap bars individually or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.