Whole Wheat Sesame BagelsRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Main Courses, Sides, Snacks
Craving a hearty bagel to start your morning? We’ve got great news—we’ve created a delicious homemade recipe that uses a few simple ingredient swaps to make these bagels a go-to diet win. Whip up these Whole Wheat Sesame Bagels to grab on your way out the door and feel satisfied all morning long thanks to their simple, whole wheat base and hearty texture.
These Sesame Bagels are created with just SIX simple ingredients. Grab your whole wheat flour, baking powder, sea salt and Greek yogurt. These four ingredients will be used to create the dough for your bagels. Mix thoroughly together and knead several times. Break this dough into six equal balls and roll each ball into a five-inch rope. Connect both ends of each rope by gently pinching together to form a circle shape for each bagel. Lightly brush each bagel with egg whites and sprinkle with sesame seeds for the finishing touch. Not a sesame seed lover? They’re optional! You can easily make these without. Pop these in the over for just about 20 minutes (until the tops are golden brown).
Want to kick these Whole Wheat Sesame Bagels up a notch? Add a little cream cheese (counting as an Extra) for the full-on bagel experience. Each bagel counts as just one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan, so be sure to keep track by logging each serving in your NuMi app. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
We’ve got another bagel recipe you need to try! Whip up these Cinnamon Raisin Bagels > for a sweet start to your mornings.
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 bagel)
Calories per Serving: 96
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and sea salt. Add the yogurt and use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead several times and divide into 6 equal parts.
- Roll each dough ball into a rope (about 5 inches) and pinch the ends of the rope together to make a circle.
- Brush each bagel with egg whites. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase temperature to 400°F for 2 minutes, so that the tops are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.