Sloppy? Yes. Delicious? Yes. Fattening? No way.
This hearty Sloppy Joe sandwich puts a creative spin on the Nutrisystem Hamburger. Using a few pantry staples to create a savory sauce, this recipe couldn’t be any simpler… or any more delicious!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 Nutrisystem Hamburger, defrosted
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 3 Tbsp. onion, diced small
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, canned, no sugar added
- ½ Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. yellow mustard
- Preheat a small pot over medium heat.
- Separate the hamburger from the bun. Set the bun aside and crumble the hamburger patty into small pieces.
- Spray bottom of pot with cooking spray. Sauté the onion and grated carrot for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add crumbled hamburger, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano and chili powder. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Simmer mixture on low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup and mustard. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes so the flavors can meld.
- While the Sloppy Joe mixture is resting, toast the hamburger bun in the toaster oven.
- Spoon the Sloppy Joe mixture onto the toasted hamburger bun.