Our Vegan Queso Dip is the perfect alternative to a calorie-filled dip. This hearty snack packs in the nutritional value and flavor. Nutritional yeast is used to give this delicious Queso the “cheesy” consistency, and cloves of garlic are added for lots of flavor. Bookmark this recipe dip recipe for a diet-friendly snack that’s equally delicious as it is nutritious!
Say goodbye to store-bought Queso Dips in a jar and say hello to our Vegan Queso Dip recipe that contains an array of healthy ingredients. This dip is the perfect appetizer to bring along to your next get-together or to snack on for a Friday night in. Simply soak cashews with boiling water for about an hour. Combine onion, garlic, cauliflower and jalapeno and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the mixture with chili powder, cumin and onion powder and spread the ingredients on a baking sheet to roast for about 30 minutes. Once roasted, let the vegetables cool and combine with nutritional yeast in a food processor. While pureeing, stream in soy milk until the mixture is smooth. Transfer the dip to a small sauce pan and mix in salsa. Serve in your favorite bowl and dip in your favorite veggies!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving of this delicious Vegan Queso Dip counts as two Extras and clocks in at a mere 51 calories. While this dip certainly packs in the nutrition, it’s still important to log each serving in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Not familiar with using our awesome food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Dip lover? We’ve got plenty of other recipes for you try! Check out a few of our diet-friendly favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 51
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large yellow onion, chopped into 1” chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, whole
- 2 heaping cups cauliflower florets
- ½ jalapeno, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup jarred salsa
- Add cashews to a bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 1 hour. Drain well.
- While cashews are soaking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add onion, garlic, cauliflower and jalapeno to a bowl and mist lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle vegetables with chili powder, cumin and onion powder and toss to combine.
- Spread on a baking sheet or roasting pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until vegetables are soft. When done, remove vegetables from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add roasted vegetables, nutritional yeast and sea salt to food processor. Begin pureeing and stream in soy milk until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan, mix in salsa and heat over low until steaming. Stir occasionally.