This week, The Dish With Deanna features a quick and easy way for you to take advantage of some delicious seasonal fruit; blueberries. Mix with Nutrisystem oatmeal and some water and you have a warm, filling and delicious Instant Blueberry Crisp that tastes great at breakfast or as an afternoon snack idea. Enjoy!
Do you love blueberries? Try these delicious blueberry recipes:
- Blueberry Recipes You Need To Try
- Blueberry Glazed Salmon
- 10 Tasty Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Energy Balls
- Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream Sundae
Lose weight eating healthy, convenient breakfasts delivered right to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Breakfast and 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 pkg Nutrisystem Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal/Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp. water
- In a microwave-safe bowl, pour the oatmeal over the blueberries and sprinkle with water
- Cook in the microwave until the fruit is tender.
- Hi, I’m Deanna Otranto with Nutrisystem. Today I’ll be showing you how to prepare a really delicious and simple breakfast called the blueberry breakfast crisp. To make this recipe, all you’ll need is one packet of your Nutrisystem oatmeal. You can use either Maple Brown Sugar or your Apple Cinnamon; whichever you prefer is fine. Then you’ll also need two to three tablespoons of water and one cup of fresh blueberries. First, you’ll pour the blueberries into a microwave-safe bowl. Next, you’ll add your Nutrisystem oatmeal right on top. Pour the water on top, don’t mix it. And just add it to the microwave for about a minute and a half. And here you can see what your final product will look like coming out of the microwave. As you can see, it’s very crispy on top and the blueberries have melted on the bottom, which is completely delicious. Do you have a favorite Nutrisystem recipe? Share it with us on Facebook or Twitter. For Nutrisystem, I’m Deanna Otranto.