Macaroni and cheese. Parmesan. Crab meat. You call this a diet meal? We sure do. And in this week’s installment of The Dish with Deanna we show you how to prepare a delicious meal using Nutrisystem Macaroni and Cheese with a few fresh add-ins. All you need are the ingredients, a plate, a microwave, a conventional oven and a hearty appetite. Watch, and see below for the complete crabby mac and cheese recipe, and enjoy!
Crabby Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pkg Nutrisystem Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 oz crab meat
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Limited Extra
- 1 PowerFuel
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the entrée according to directions:
- Shake container then remove lid.
- Add 5 oz. of room temperature water to fill line inside cup. Stir.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir, cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and let stand additional 2 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Transfer the Macaroni and Cheese to a small, ovenproof bowl.
- Then stir in 2 ounces of crab meat.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until the cheese is browned (about 10 minutes).
Hi, I’m Deanna Otranto with Nutrisystem. Today I’m gonna show one of our members favorite recipes, Crabby Mac and Cheese. This is a delicious recipe that puts a hardier take on your Nutrisystem mac and cheese, using crab meat and Parmesan cheese. To get started all you’ll do is preheat your oven to 400 degrees and then while you wait for the oven to heat, you’re going to go ahead and prepare your mac and cheese according to the package directions. So you’ll start by shaking the mix. [0:00:30]
Take off the lid, then fill the cup with water to the line. Then you’ll microwave on medium for three minutes. Stir, cover it tightly, and then let it stand for five minutes. [0:00:40] Uncover it and let it stand for two more minutes. Once your mac and cheese is done you’re just going to add it to an oven safe dish. And then you’re going to mix in two ounces of crab meat. [0:00:50]
Spread the Parmesan cheese on top to create an even cheesier, creamier topping. And then we’re just going to put this in the oven for about ten minutes until the cheese is golden brown. [0:01:00]
Do you have a favorite Nutrisystem recipe? Share it with us on Facebook or Twitter. I’m Deanna Otranto with Nutrisystem. [0:01:06]