12 PowerFuel Picks from Nutrisystem Success StoriesArticle posted in: Nutrisystem
PowerFuels are a crucial component to the Nutrisystem program. Protein-rich foods with essential amino acids and healthy fats, PowerFuels take longer to digest. These attributes leave you feeling fuller for longer which keeps you from overeating. To classify as a PowerFuel, a food should contain 80-120 calories and at least five grams of protein. Common foods that fit the bill for PowerFuel rockstars are chicken (two ounces), almond butter (one tablespoon), and nonfat yogurt (one cup), just to name a few.
There are vast possibilities of how to incorporate PowerFuels into your diet, so let’s take a cue from the pros—those individuals who have worked their way through the Nutrisystem program and come out on the other side as shining examples of the success that is possible. Here are our weight loss warriors’ favorite PowerFuel picks:
1. Rebecca Dalton enjoys her egg whites (three to four or half a cup), a classic breakfast staple that tastes great any time of the day! Rebecca lost 30 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
2. Cory Goodrich loves both unsweetened Greek yogurt (one cup) and the NutriCrush shakes with strawberries (one cup of strawberries counts as one SmartCarb). With food this good, sometimes it’s impossible to choose just one! Cory lost 40.5 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
3. Tammy Hall adds some crunch to her greek yogurt (1 cup) by topping it with almonds (two tablespoons.). Tammy lost 41 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
4. Holly Molnar leans on the Nutrisystem shakes, hard boiled eggs (one egg), or peanut butter (one tablespoon) to meet her PowerFuel counts. Holly lost 26 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
5. Teresa Bleifus keeps it lean with protein shakes. Teresa lost 145 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
6. Lori Balderrama keeps it classic with chicken (two ounces). Lori lost 40 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
7. Vanessa Washington snacks on turkey bacon and almonds (two tablespoons). Vanessa lost 50 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
12. Monica Holden whips up strawberry nonfat greek yogurt (one cup) until fluffy, then adds fresh strawberries (one cup counts as one SmartCarb on Nutrisystem), and finishes the dish with a touch of cool whip free for a strawberry parfait—talk about delicious! Monica lost 34 pounds on Nutrisystem.*
*Weight lost on prior program. Real Success Story. Expect to lose an avg. of 1-2 lbs. per week. Results may vary based on starting weight and program adherence.