Work some extra good-for-you greens into your day with this simple yet healthy Apple Spinach Smoothie that gets a little sweetness from red apple and a touch of tang from a freshly squeezed lemon.
We love that this weight loss-friendly smoothie is so portable. You can blend it up and enjoy it for breakfast, or sip it slowly during the day. Either way, you can be confident you’re loading up on body-boosting nutrients.
Try these other healthy smoothie recipes for a tasty tongue tingling snack:
- Tasty Smoothies You Can Make With Your Nutrisystem Shakes
- Green Smoothies That Will Rock Your World
- Berry Delicious Smoothie
- The Best Chocolate Smoothie Ever
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This green apple smoothie is great, I make it all the time. It’s an easy way to get in two vegetable servings, with two cups of spinach, and using an apple and the juice of a lemon. You’re going to use one red delicious apple, you can use any kind of apple you’d like. I think red delicious are the sweetest. Next, you’re going to add two cups of spinach. You can chop it up, but I actually just like to jam pack it in there. You’re going to use the juice of half a lemon, add ice, and water. And from there, just blend. This will count as two veggies servings and one smartcarb serving. Share your favorite Nutrisystem recipes with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For Nutrisystem, I’m Kristen Flynn.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Vegetables
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple
- 2 cups spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- 8-10 oz. water
- 1 cup ice
- Dice apple into small, half-inch pieces.
- Combine apple, spinach, water and ice in blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds. Squeeze lemon for freshly squeezed lemon juice and add to blender, pulse again for 30 more seconds.