Banana Split “Nice” Cream is the healthy dessert dreams are made of.
So scrumptiously sweet, the mixture of strawberries, chocolate, peanuts and banana that collects around the bottom of your bowl won’t be there long.
Rich is the best way to describe the decadence of this nice cream’s smooth, thick texture, as well as its high protein content.
Dig a spoon into this dessert and you’ll see it does serious justice to the classic sweet, frozen treats. Savor each delicious bite because, as one serving, the banana is the only thing split, here.
Need help understanding how this serving fits into your daily food log? Click here for more information about SmartCarbs and PowerFuels.>
Calories per Serving: 259
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- ½ banana, frozen
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. peanuts
- ½ Tbsp. chocolate chips
- ¼ banana
- In a food processor, blend frozen banana, yogurt and vanilla extract until smooth. Scoop in a bowl for soft serve or place in an airtight container and freeze for at least an hour to make firmer ice cream.
- To make the strawberry sauce, add strawberries and water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Let it cook to a boil and then smash the strawberries with the back of a spoon to break them up
- Assemble banana split with banana “nice” cream, strawberry sauce, peanuts, chocolate chips and banana.