Blueberry Cream PierogiesRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Desserts
Filled with low fat blueberry cream and whole wheat flour, these stevia-sweetened pierogies are a healthy take on the Polish classic.
Pierogies are the ultimate comfort food with warm dough, creamy filling and delicious toppings. Our sweet and healthy version of this hearty dumpling checks off all those boxes. We add some extra fiber and protein into our dough by using whole wheat flour, eggs and plain nonfat Greek yogurt. The filling is a homemade blueberry cream made with low fat ricotta and cream cheese, lemon juice and berries. We add sweetness to the cream using stevia to avoid unwanted sugar and calories.
Pro tip: We use blueberries in our recipe. However, feel free to substitute another fruit or berry that you enjoy! These pierogies would also be delicious made with strawberries, raspberries or chopped apples and cinnamon. Get creative and add different fruits and flavors to your filling!
One serving of these Blueberry Cream Pierogies contains 193 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. They’re so good, you’ll want to have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Whenever you decide to enjoy them, make sure to log them in your NuMi app! This will help you keep track of your food intake so that you can you reach your goals. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Love blueberries? Check out these other berry good recipes:
- Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream Sundae >
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Tart >
- Blueberry Green Tea Smoothie >
- Lightened-Up Lemon Blueberry Tart >
- Red, White & Blueberry Pancakes >
- Blueberry Burst Energy Balls >
Lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Click here to learn more about our meal plans >
Servings: 10 (1 serving = 4 pierogies)
Calories per Serving: 193
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese, reduced fat
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, low fat
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ packet stevia
- ½ cup blueberries
- To make dough, combine canola oil, yogurt, egg and water. Pour in flour and mix well. Cover and let stand for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, cream cheese, lemon juice and stevia in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut out circles in dough using a cookie cutter or a cup.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of ricotta filling into the center of the circle. Top with a few blueberries.
- Fold the circles into half-circles and press to seal the edges using a fork.
- Place pierogies on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- When ready to cook, boil water in a pot. Drop a few pierogies at a time into boiling water. Pierogies are ready once they float in the water.