Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken BitesRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
These Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Bites give you the sweet and tangy BBQ flavor you love without hurting your weight loss progress. Crispy, bite-sized chicken nuggets with seasoned breading covered in smooth honey BBQ sauce at only 134 calories. You can make it right at home and feel great about eating them because they fit right into your Nutrisystem weight loss program.
Each serving of these savory Honey BBQ Chicken Bites counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your NuMi App log. Why should you log your food on NuMi? Research has shown you are actually twice as likely to lose weight if you log your food than if you don’t. Click here to see all of the reasons why you better your chances of losing weight by using the NuMi App. >
Like this recipe? How about another smoky BBQ chicken recipe that won’t hurt your weight loss progress? Click here to see this BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe. >
I you’ve been looking for a delicious appetizer to munch on, but are worried about calorie-overload, we have some good news: Nutrisystem has created a printable recipe book with 10 guilt-free, delicious recipes that are perfect for when you have the gang over for a get-together or to watch the Monday night game. Click here to get your free printable Game Day recipe book! >
This BBQ Chicken Nachos recipe is another creative BBQ chicken dish that won’t blow your diet and it’s so ridiculously good you won’t believe it’s considered a healthy option. You get homemade nacho “chips” piled high with shredded chicken lathered in BBQ sauce and cheese. Throw on a few veggies and you will have yourself a complete flex lunch that is sure to satisfy your cravings. Click on the link below to get the full recipe and try it today!
Servings: 6 (3 nuggets)
Calories per Serving: 134
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra
- BBQ SAUCE: 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- CHICKEN: 3 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 12 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 18 nuggets
- 2 Tbsp. liquid egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire oven safe cooling rack on top (this is optional, but will help to keep your chicken crispy!). Mist rack with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- BBQ SAUCE: Combine all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Whisk vigorously.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce will have thickened slightly.
- CHICKEN: While sauce is simmering, whisk together flour, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine chicken with egg whites and toss to coat.
- Remove one chicken nugget from the egg whites and dip into the flour mixture, turning to lightly coat. Place coated chicken nugget on the cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake chicken nuggets for eight minutes, then flip. Continue baking until coating is golden brown and crispy, about eight more minutes.
- After chicken has cooled for two to three minutes, place chicken nuggets in a medium bowl. Pour BBQ sauce over the top, then gently toss with tongs to coat.