Boneless Sweet & Spicy Thai Chicken BitesRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
These Boneless Sweet & Spicy Thai Chicken Bites are are the perfect mix of spicy and sweet in that Asian-style chicken flavor you love without all the calories. You get crispy, bite-sized chicken with zesty seasoned breading in a homemade traditional sweet and spicy sauce that clocks in at just 142 calories. You can enjoy every bite worry-free because it fits right into your Nutrisystem weight loss program.
Each serving of these Sweet & Spicy Thai Chicken Bites counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your NuMi App log. You might be wondering why you should log your food on NuMi. Here’s why: Research has shown you’re actually twice as likely to lose weight if you log your food than if you don’t. Staying organized will help you continue a smooth process toward your weight loss goal. Click here to see all of the reasons why you are more likely to lose weight if you use the NuMi App. >
Like this Asian-style recipe? You have to try these Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce. Served with a side of brown rice, it makes for the perfect flex dinner that is not only delicious, but fun to make, as well. Click here to get the full recipe! >
If you’re looking to get creative when you make your next spicy Asian dish, this Spicy Smoked Salmon Roll recipe is perfect for you. It gives you brown rice, cucumber and scallions with a flavor-bursting spicy mayo sauce wrapped in delicious smoked salmon. The best part is, you don’t have to be a sushi chef to make it! You can make it right at home for a tasty flex lunch any time and enjoy it guilt-free. To get the full recipe, click on the link below and try it today!
Servings: 6 (3 nuggets)
Calories per Serving: 142
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra
- SWEET & SPICY SAUCE: 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- CHICKEN: 12 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 18 nuggets
- 3 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. liquid egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire oven safe cooling rack on top (this is optional, but will help to keep your chicken crispy!). Mist rack with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- SWEET & SPICY SAUCE: Combine all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Whisk vigorously.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce will have thickened slightly.
- CHICKEN NUGGETS: While sauce is simmering, whisk together flour, paprika, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine chicken with egg whites and toss to coat.
- Remove one chicken nugget from the egg whites and dip into the flour mixture, turning to lightly coat. Place coated chicken nugget on the cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake chicken nuggets for eight minutes, then flip. Continue baking until coating is golden brown and crispy, about eight more minutes.
- After chicken has cooled for two to three minutes, place chicken nuggets in a medium bowl. Pour sweet & spicy sauce over the top, then gently toss with tongs to coat.
- Lay on a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.