Pasta? On a diet? It’s your lucky day! This homemade Chicken Piccata recipe is just as delicious as the classic Italian dish, but with less the guilt and calories. Hearty, breaded chicken lays atop a dish of pasta that is adorned with all of the right flavors. Talk about a diet win.
Grab a bowl and mix together whole wheat flour and black peppers. Roll the boneless, skinless chicken breast in the mixture. Heat oil in a skillet on the stove and brown the chicken on both sides. Saute minced garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice and capers. Add the chicken back to this mixture and let cook for ten minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Pull off the stove and stir in Greek yogurt; pour on top of pasta and garnish wit lemon slices and parsley.
This hearty dish racks in the protein, flavor and deliciousness. Schedule Italian night for you and the family because this recipe makes three whole servings. Creamy garlic and lemon sauce complete this delicious dish and each serving counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and two Extras, and clocks in at 406 calories. Don’t have anyone to share this Italian-inspired cuisine with? Throw the leftovers in the fridge and pack a serving for lunch the next day.
Be sure to log this along with all of your daily food intake in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your Healthy Chicken Piccata right here in NuMi >
If Italian food is your guilty pleasure, be sure to add this Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash Pasta to your flex meal menu.
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 406
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- Chopped parsley (garnish)
- Sliced lemon (garnish)
- In a bowl, mix together flour and black pepper. Roll chicken in flour.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet. Brown chicken on both sides over medium heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add minced garlic and sauté till brown.
- Add chicken broth and heat to a boil.
- Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- Add chicken and adjust heat to medium. Top with a lid and let cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Pull off of heat and stir in yogurt.
- Serve with pasta and top with lemon slices and chopped parsley (optional).