This Chinese Cabbage with Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce is the queen of all side dishes. It’s packed with vibrant veggies like shredded Napa cabbage, flavorful red bell pepper slices and green onion slivers. But we have to say, the real superstar of this delicious dish is the unbelievable Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce.
Featuring a flavorful blend of soy sauce, minced ginger, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, this sauce is something you’d expect to taste at the most upscale of upscale restaurants. But, it’s actually quite simple to make… in the comfort of your own home!
Our readers love this Chinese Cabbage with Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce paired with steak, fish, chicken, tofu or seitan. Many have also brought this dish along with them to parties and gatherings, much to the pleasure of fellow party-goers who rave about the flavor.
And the best part is, the tasty concoction won’t send your diet on a total detour. In fact, it’s just 53 calories per serving. And, counting as just one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program, it’s a ridiculously delicious way to sneak more healthy veggies into your day.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your Chinese Cabbage with Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce, make sure to log it in NuMi. Studies suggest that people who track their food intake regularly have better weight loss success. With NuMi, you can log your food, water, weight and activity. Plus, NuMi users get exclusive access to hundreds of healthy, plan-friendly recipes, weight loss tips and tricks from our experts and dietitians, and exclusive access to all kinds of special discounts on Nutrisystem foods and products. Check out even more benefits to downloading NuMi here >
Calories per Serving: 53
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 head Chinese or napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Combine the ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for a few seconds, just until fragrant, then add the cabbage and red bell pepper. Continue to stir-fry for one to two minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt, then add the soy sauce mixture. Cover and cook over high heat for one minute until just wilted.
- Remove lid, add green onions and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. The cabbage should be tender, but still have a slight crunch.