Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse is the sweet treat you never knew you needed. With just four simple steps, you’ll be biting into this chocolatey dessert. And the best part about it—you can enjoy every bite without an ounce of guilt.
If you’re sweet tooth is calling, whip up this Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse for a simple, filling and delicious dessert that fits perfectly into your Nutrisystem meal plan. To make this decadent mousse, microwave coconut oil and chocolate chips, stirring every 20 seconds until fully melted and smooth. Thoroughly combine the melted chocolate and coconut oil with tofu, pomegranate juice, cocoa powder and liquid Stevia. Once smooth and desired consistency is reached, simply chill in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving. Feeling fancy? Scoop the mousse into a piping bag and pipe into serving dishes, garnishing with pomegranate seeds.
This Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse recipe yields 12 servings—so it’s perfect to whip up for your next dinner party. This way, you have a diet-friendly dessert you can enjoy while staying on track with your healthy lifestyle. Each serving of this chocolatey treat clocks in at a mere 109 calories and counts as three Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving of this Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse in the NuMi App. NuMi makes your Nutrisystem weight loss meal plan even easier by doing all of the work for you! Easily log your daily food intake right here in NuMi >
Chocolate, cake, ice cream—the Nutrisystem-approved recipes are endless here on The Leaf. Check out a few more of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 109
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 1 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 12.3-ounce package shelf-stable firm silken tofu, drained
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10-12 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue microwaving for 20 second intervals until fully melted and smooth. Stir after each interval.
- Combine the melted chocolate, tofu, pomegranate juice, cocoa powder and stevia into a food processor and puree until very smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, place mousse in a piping bag and pipe into serving dishes. Garnish with pomegranate seeds before serving.