Have you been waiting for the perfect Crispy Salmon entrée to satisfy all those sea food cravings? Well, the “bait” is over. This tasty Crispy Salmon with Pomegranate Salsa recipe will have you hooked! (All puns intended.)
This recipe comes together in five simple steps, and each serving counts as two PowerFuels and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. To kick off this delicious recipe, combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl, mixing thoroughly. Once combined, let the fresh salsa sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour. While the salsa is setting, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Once baking sheet is thoroughly coated, place two salmon fillets on the sheet and lightly brush them with olive oil. Be sure to sprinkle them with salt and pepper, as well! Once the salmon is prepared, pop it in the oven for just seven minutes, and broil for and extra three minutes (or until the top of the salmon is lightly browned). After the salmon is finished cooking, don’t forget to top it with your homemade salsa and you’ve got yourself a delicious and crispy meal!
This recipe yields two servings, making it the perfect meal to make for date night. Cooking for the entire family? Don’t be afraid to double or triple the recipe! Each serving contains only 232 calories and provides you with everything that your body needs to stay fully satisfied. To help yourself stay on track, make sure to log the Crispy Salmon with Pomegranate Salsa recipe in the NuMi App with the appropriate counts. That way, there won’t be any doubts that you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. To log this recipe on the NuMi app, click here! >
Interested in some other fantastic fish recipes? Check out a few more of our favorite recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 232
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. diced jicama
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. pomegranate molasses
- 2 4-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 7 minutes then switch oven to high broil and broil for 3 minutes, until top of salmon is lightly browned and fish flakes easily.
- Before serving, top with salsa and serve with lime wedges if desired.