Zesty Cajun Fish TacosRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Spice up your menu with this delicious Fish Tacos recipe. Bursts of flavor from lime and lemon zest are combined with a homemade Cajun marinade to make these the perfect go-to when you are trying to add a little zest to your dinners (and life!).
Homemade Tomatillo Sauce adorns your fresh tacos, along with nutritious toppings like avocado, tomatoes and red cabbage. This recipe is as colorful as it is delicious.
It’s as simple as combining your ingredients, cooking your halibut and putting the finishing touches on your tacos with your nutrient-packed toppings. Bright green avocado, vibrant tomatoes, red cabbage and fresh cilantro complete this delicious dish. You will satisfy your taste buds and fill up your stomach with healthy ingredients, all while staying on track with your weight loss goals.
This tasty Fish Tacos recipe combines zesty, sweet, fresh and spicy flavors to create an absolutely awesome taco dish—better (and healthier) than those greasy restaurant or fast food tacos. Create this taco recipe for yourself, your significant other and the entire family, and it is certain to become a household favorite!
Create these homemade Fish Tacos and count as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, two Vegetables and three Extras per serving. It’s easy to overeat (or not eat enough) when you forget to log your food intake each day. Be sure to use your NuMi app to log this Fish Tacos recipe with the appropriate counts. To log your Fish Tacos recipe on the NuMi app, click here! >
This is not the only taco recipe you should add to your weekly menu to spice things up. Try this simple and delicious Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowls recipe > or this spicy Shrimp Taco Bites recipe! >
Check out a full list of Mexican-inspired meals that won’t ruin your healthy diet below!
Calories per Serving: 363
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 2 Vegetables and 3 Extras
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 16 oz halibut fillet
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tomatillos, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup mango, diced into small pieces
- 4 whole wheat 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- Cilantro to garnish
- For marinade: In a small bowl, combine lime zest, juice, ½ Tbsp. olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and chili powder. Coat fish with dressing and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- For Tomatillo Sauce: Heat medium skillet with remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil over medium heat. Add the onions, jalapenos and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes or until the mixture begins to soften.
- For Tomatillo Sauce: Add chopped tomatillos. Season with black pepper and cumin. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until tomatillos soften.
- For Tomatillo Sauce: Add tomatillo mixture to food processor with lemon zest, juice and honey. Process until it becomes a thick salsa.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add fish and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve fish with tortillas and top with cabbage, tomatoes, mango, avocado and tomatillo salsa. Garnish with cilantro.