This chicken and rice recipe is so full of flavor, it’s no wonder it’s got the word “Fiesta” in its name… it literally tastes like a party in your mouth.
Featuring tender, boneless chicken breast marinated in a delicious blend of spices like garlic, cumin, paprika and chili powder, then laid atop a bed of hearty brown rice and shredded lettuce, and topped with zesty pico de gallo and melt-in-your-mouth avocado, this chicken and rice recipe is anything but boring.
Clocking in at just over 300 calories, and counting as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras on Nutrisystem, this delicious chicken and rice dish makes a great flex meal pick. And, since it makes four hearty servings, this Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bowl makes a great lunch or dinner option the entire family can enjoy. Our favorite part about this recipe? You can make most of it ahead of time. You can create the marinade and add the chicken to it the night before you plan to cook it. It will only get more flavorful and tender the longer it sits in your fridge. And, you can whip up a big batch of rice a day or so prior as well. So by the time dinner rolls around, all you really have to do is assemble your Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bowl. It’s the perfect plan for those busy weeknights when making a full dinner is off the table.
Just be sure to log your Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bowl in NuMi, our free tracking app. With NuMi, you can log your food, weight, water and activity, so you’ll stay on track toward your weight loss goals. Plus, when you download NuMi, we’ll send you all kinds of exclusive weight loss tips, recipes, special discounts and more. NuMi really is the perfect complement to your Nutrisystem weight loss program (Don’t believe us? Click here to find out 12 Reasons NuMi Will Help You Lose More Weight >)
Calories per Serving: 305
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 12 oz. boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Prepare marinade by whisking lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika and chili powder together in a Ziploc bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated. Place in fridge to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for five to six minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Divide rice between four bowls. Arrange chicken, pico de gallo, avocado and lettuce on top of the rice. Garnish with cilantro.