Herb Ricotta Cheese SconesRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Snacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Sides, Snacks
Scones are a unique baked good that can take on a wide range of flavors. From sweet to savory to a little bit of both, these moist yet crumbly pastries are the perfect addition to any brunch menu. With Easter—the infamous brunch holiday—just around the corner, you can enjoy the terrific taste and texture of cheese scones without sabotaging your weight loss goals.
Our Herb Ricotta Cheese Scones are packed with flavor and fiber, featuring an aromatic, herbaceous blend of rosemary and thyme. They have a whole wheat pastry flour base that comes together with all-purpose flour, baking powder, light butter, part-skim ricotta cheese and reduced fat buttermilk. With a hint of honey and touch of garlic, it’s hard to believe these simple scones fit into your healthy diet!
One of these Herb Ricotta Scones contains 185 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log them into your NuMi app as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Extra. Feel free to make it count as a full PowerFuel serving by pumping up the protein with some shredded cheddar cheese on top. Yum!
Looking for more healthy and easy scone recipes? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your virtual recipe book with thousands of ideas for your weight loss plan! Check out some of our other tasty scone recipes below:
- This sweet, seasonal scone is packed with berrylicious flavor. Try our Mixed Triple Berry Scone Recipe >
- These cranberry scones may be free of gluten but they’re definitely not free of flavor! Whip up our Gluten Free Cranberry Scones >
- Easy, cheesy and perfect for spring, this simple scone recipe is simply delicious. Check out these Easy Cheddar Scones with Spinach >
- Another spring-inspired scone that’s perfect for Easter! Try our recipe for Healthy Raspberry Lemon Scones >
Get delicious, perfectly portioned breakfasts delivered directly to your door! Nutrisystem is here for you with convenient home delivery, one-on-one coaching and a simple weight loss meal plan. Get started today! >
Calories per Serving: 185
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp. light butter, cold
- 2/3 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 egg + 1 drop water
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flours and baking powder.
- Grate cold butter into flour mixture.
- Add ricotta cheese, herbs, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Whisk in buttermilk and honey.
- On a floured surface, press dough into an 8-inch disc. Cut into 8 wedges and place on the baking sheet.
- Mix egg and water and brush mixture on top of scones.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edges and top.