Mixed Triple Berry Scone RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Easter brunch calls for pretty pastries and satisfying sweets! These simple, spring-inspired scones are perfectly portioned and packed with berrylicious flavor. Featuring a whole wheat base, a medley of your favorite mixed berries and a sprinkle of coconut sugar, this healthy scone recipe provides the crumbly texture and light sweetness of scones that you’re craving.
While the Easter holiday is known for baskets of sugar-filled treats and unhealthy indulgences, you can easily stay on track with your weight loss plan by finding some diet-friendly dessert recipes. Take these Mixed Triple Berry Scones for example: They fill you up with fiber, satisfy your sweet tooth and prevent you from reaching into that bowl of chocolate eggs and marshmallow candy.
Pro Tip: Make these healthy scones your own by using your favorite combination of berries! We love using frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, but you can also try them with strawberries, cranberries or cherries. You can also use fresh or frozen berries depending on what you have on hand. This is a versatile and easy scone recipe that you can truly make your own.
One of these Mixed Triple Berry Scones contains 152 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it as one SmartCarb and two Extras in your NuMi app journal. Make it a full Flex breakfast by pairing it with a PowerFuel, such as low-fat Greek yogurt, almonds or a glass of skim milk. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Craving some Easter candy? We have healthy recipes for that, too! Check out our easy (and healthy!) candy recipes below:
- 5-Ingredient Vanilla Cream Easter Eggs >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs >
- Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Easter Eggs >
- 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Bites >
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Caramel Bites >
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Raspberry Cups >
- No-Bake Skinny Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites >
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups >
- Grasshopper “Candy” Bars >
Get healthier and lose weight with delicious meals and desserts delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 1 scone)
Calories per Serving: 152
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, cold
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp + 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine butter, yogurt, milk, vanilla, berries and the egg.
- Add flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar and baking powder to the bowl. Gently fold in berries.
- Flour counter surface and pour dough onto the counter. With flour hands, work dough until no longer sticky. Press dough into an 8-inch disc and place on lined baking sheet.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges, but do not separate yet.
- Spray scones with nonstick spray and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cut through wedges and separate the wedges. Bake for another 10 minutes.