3-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Caramel BitesRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Snacks & Desserts, Snacks, Desserts
With just three simple ingredients, you can create diet-friendly chocolate pecan caramels that fit into your weight loss program. This guilt-free recipe is easy to make and under 100 calories.
Our popular NutriChocolaty Wafers are packed with seven grams of protein for a diet-friendly alternative to your favorite cocoa-flavored candies. We melted down these little chocolate morsels and featured them in this candy creation. These gourmet chocolates may look like they were made by a chocolatier. However, you can easily prepare them in the comfort of your own kitchen with just a few steps and ingredients.
To get started, assemble your pecans into bunches of three and place a caramel chew on top of each one. Place them in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds to melt the caramel. Next, pour your NutriChocolates into a microwave-safe bowl and heat them in the microwave until they are melted. Just make sure to check on them every five to 10 seconds to prevent burning! Pour the melted chocolate equally over each caramel pecan bite and allow the chocolate and caramel to harden before digging in.
Pro tip: If you love a sweet and salty treat, sprinkle a little coarse sea salt onto your caramel bites before they cool completely.
One serving of these 3-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Caramel Bites contains 95 calories and counts as three Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to increase the protein content with more pecans so that you can count it towards your PowerFuels as well. Just make sure to keep track of any adjustments you make in the NuMi app to ensure you’re on track with your meal plan! Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Exercise your Flex meal muscles with more healthy recipes! Check out these other delicious ideas featuring pecans:
- Sweet Potato Pecan “Pie” >
- Autumn Chicken and Farro Casserole >
- Maple Banana Oatmeal >
- Maple Chocolate Pecan Pies >
- Mixed Greens with Dried Plums & Toasted Pecans >
- Pecan Pie Fall Fudge >
- Chocolate Granola Recipe >
Got a sweet tooth? The Nutrisystem menu is filled with sweet treats that are weight loss-friendly! Learn more about our programs >
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 1 bite)
Calories per Serving: 95
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 18 pecans
- 6 pieces caramel chews
- 1 package NutriChocolaty Wafers
- Assemble pecans into bunches of 3.
- Place a caramel chew on top of each pecan bunch.
- Heat caramel pecans in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, until caramels have melted.
- Place Nutrichocolates in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 5-10 second increments to prevent burning. Continue until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate equally over the caramel pecans.
- Allow bites to cool until chocolate and caramel harden.