Chocolate Granola RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
If you think granola is a boring, healthy snack, think again! Our Chocolate Granola Recipe packs in protein, fiber and flavor.
Meal prep a batch of this granola to have healthy Flex Snacks for the entire week. Golden raisins and rolled oats provide the fiber you need for your SmartCarb. Protein and healthy fats make their way into this recipe through pumpkin seeds and pecans. Cacao nibs and powder add major chocolate flavor, while maple syrup adds the sweetness. Enjoy this granola as a cereal or portion it out in bags so that you can grab-and-go as you’re running out the door.
One serving of this Chocolate Granola Recipe contains 190 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a PowerFuel to the mix, feel free to serve your granola over a half-cup of skim milk or plain nonfat Greek yogurt. However you decide to enjoy it, make sure to keep track of your granola in the NuMi app! Easily log your meals, snacks, water and measurements throughout your weight loss journey.
Want to enjoy your granola on the go? Check out these tasty granola bar recipes:
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars >
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars >
- Sweet and Salty Quinoa Granola Bars >
If you don’t feel like making your own granola, make sure to read the below article to ensure you’re buying the best option at the grocery store. Many store-bought granola’s contain high amounts of added sugar.
Nutrisystem makes a Granola Cereal that is perfectly portioned for a diet-friendly breakfast. Enjoy it in a bowl with skim milk as cereal or pour it over your favorite yogurt.
If you want to lose weight enjoying easy and convenient breakfasts, Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Get started with a weight loss plan today.
Calories per Serving: 190
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 cup rolled oats, dry
- 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the egg white and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until it’s frothy. Fold into granola mixture.
- Pour granola onto a baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, mixing it at the halfway mark.
- Remove from oven, then sprinkle raisins over the mixture. Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray.