4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy BitesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Halloween season has arrived! Classic candies may be calling your name but we’re here to save the day (and your diet!). Instead of digging into that bowl of sugar-filled sweets, whip up your own Halloween treat that’s smart and satisfying. We put our recipe developer to the task of creating healthier Halloween candies that fit into your Nutrisystem plan. We fell in love with this no-bake chocolate candy recipe that’s easy to make and perfect for the holidays.
You only need four ingredients for this healthier Halloween candy swap. They are all simple, easy to find and probably already in your pantry! Standard corn flakes cereal is turned into a fine crumble in the food processor, then mixed together with melted peanut butter and brown rice syrup. This mixture is pressed into a tray lined with parchment paper and placed into the freezer for 15 minutes. Melted chocolate chips are poured over the peanut butter tray and placed back into the freezer for another 15 minutes. Finally, the candy is sliced into 10 bite-sized chocolates for easy eating and enjoying!
Healthy Hacks: Don’t have brown rice syrup? Try it with maple syrup (regular or sugar-free) for a fall-inspired twist! You can also try it with crunchy peanut butter for added texture. Top it with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts, coconut flakes or cashews. Just be sure to keep track of any additions that you add in your NuMi app.
One serving of these 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Bites contains 155 calories. It counts as half of a PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. While this recipe is a healthier alternative to store-bought Halloween candy, you should still keep track of it in your NuMi journal for the best results.
Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect pair! That’s why we have so many tasty treats that feature this dynamic duo. Check out 10 of our favorite peanut butter and chocolate recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Power Snack >
- Strawberries and Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie >
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bombs >
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles >
Calories per Serving: 155
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Blend the corn flakes in a food processor until you get fine crumbles.
- Heat peanut butter and rice syrup in a small pot over low-medium heat until melted and well mixed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the corn flakes.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into a tray line with parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the frozen peanut butter mixture. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Slice into 10 bite-sized pieces.