Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch BarsRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks & Desserts, Snacks, Desserts
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are the ultimate sweet treat that are equal parts delicious as they nutritious. Say goodbye to your favorite, unhealthy candy car, because there’s a new chocolate peanut butter treat on the diet-approved menu!
Made with protein-packed Vanilla Nutrisystem Shake Mix, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are a dieter’s dream come true—and they’re also super simple to make!
Moisten dates with water and microwave to soften. After draining remaining water, place the dates in a food processor or blender and add peanut butter and vanilla extract.
Thoroughly combine ingredients until thick and smooth. Set this mixture aside and replace with oats and shake mix. Process these two ingredients until fine and add in a quarter cup of the date mixture to form a dough.
Press the formed dough into a narrow container and top the dough with the remaining date mixture. Sprinkle with peanut pieces and chocolate. Freeze the bars for an hour, remove and drizzle with chocolate. Return to the freezer for another 30 minutes to set, remove and cut into 12 delicious bars.
Two Crunch Bars count as one serving, and each serving clocks in at 174 calories. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, two bars count as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel. Be sure to log each serving in your NuMi app to ensure you’re not having one too many of these tasty treats—trust us, they’re that delicious!
Stay on track with your weight loss goals by consistently logging your daily intake in the NuMi app. Want to learn more about how logging your food can increase weight loss results? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight.
It’s the season for candy temptations, and we’re keeping you on track with our healthier versions. Check out a few of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Servings: 6 (2 bars)
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup oats
- 2 scoops Vanilla Nutrisystem Shake Mix
- 2 Tbsp. peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Place dates in a bowl and fill with water. Microwave for 90 seconds. Drain the water.
- Place dates in a food processor. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Process until thick and smooth. Set aside.
- Place oats and Vanilla Nutrisystem Shake Mix in the food processor. Process until fine.
- Add in ¼ cup of the date mixture and process until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough into a small narrow container (i.e. bread pan) lined with parchment paper or freezer paper. Top with date mixture and sprinkle with peanut pieces and chocolate chips.
- Place in freezer for an hour.